Principal Development Management Planner - Outside IR35
2 days left
- Contract Type
We are currently working with a local authority based in the Essex area, who are looking to take on a Principal Planner for an initial 6-month contract, but this is highly likely to roll on for a considerable length of time. This role will involve:
- The processing of major planning applications, including speculative residential applications in the countryside (so some recent rural planning experience is essential)
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals in line with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees).
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Principal Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on major planning applications. The area is rural and therefore you will need to be able to drive for site visits. Due to the nature of the role, it has been deemed to fall OUTSIDE IR35.
There is some flexibility with home working, and this can be negotiated.
The start date is flexible, but as they say, the sooner the better!
Apply for Principal Development Management Planner - Outside IR35
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly