Principal Planning Officer
3 days left
- Contract Type
We are currently working with a Local Authority in the East Midlands area, who are looking to take on a Principal Planner for an initial 3- 6-month contract, though this is highly likely to be extended beyond this.
The role would have you dealing with complex major applications in relation to a Sustainable Urban Extension. Ideally, they are looking for someone full time, though reduced hours can be negotiated, and they will allow home working or a compressed hours arrangement.
Some duties will include:
- The processing of complex major planning applications for a Sustainable Urban Extension
- Assisting the Major Schemes Officers with workstreams on the SUE
- Completing all stages of the registration and validation processes including ensuring that the fee is paid correctly in accordance with statutory requirement.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committee; and,
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The local authority is rural with urban pockets with a lot of complex and interesting applications at present. The role would require someone with a wealth of experience in the planning field. Due to the nature of the role, the contract has been deemed Outside of IR35.
More widely, if you are an experienced or qualified planner considering a career change, or you would like some advice on your CV, or what your next best step would be, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like more information, please get in touch with Alex at email@example.com or 020 3795 4835.
Apply for Principal Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly