Clientside Planning Manager (Surrey) - FT/PT/Flexi-hours
A great opportunity has arisen for a chartered Town Planner to join a clientside organisation running the planning side of their business. Following recent equity investment this company are in the process of executing an ambitious growth plan. Working alongside the Head of Property you will be identifying and achieving planning permission for new sites throughout the South East and further afield from their base in Surrey. We can consider full or part time as well as flexi-hours.
You will be joining an innovative and entrepreneurial team playing a vital part in the decision making process of the company’s growth. Your role will include (but is not limited to);
- Work with the Head of Property to identify new sites via research, following up site leads and developing contacts;
- Conducting planning appraisals;
- Preparing, submitting and delivering positive planning consents for new sites in a timely fashion;
- Managing any appeal work and associated public consultation;
- Develop strong relationships with local authorities and external stakeholders as well as managing external consultancy teams;
- Provide expert planning advice to the business on future land acquisitions and current land portfolio;
- Discharging of conditions and improving planning matters on existing sites as the portfolio grows.
We are looking for an MRTPI qualified Town Planner, ideally with a mix of public and private sector experience. Any clientside experience would be advantageous but not essential. Your experience should be planning focussed and you will be operating around the Senior Planner/Planning Manager level. We are looking for candidates who have a can-do attitude, a good track history of successfully delivered schemes, great interpersonal skills and an excellent understanding of planning matters including local, regional and national planning policy. Experience in writing design and access statements is also advantageous.
You will be reward with a competitive remuneration package and incentivised site-based bonus scheme. Flexible working and hours are also on offer as well as the opportunity to work with a friendly and supportive team in a new, exciting and really lovely sector.
To confidentially apply for this role please contact Ruth Hoggett (firstname.lastname@example.org). By clicking apply, please be assured that your CV will not be sent to the client until you have been fully briefed on the role and given permission for us to do so. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.