Principal Planner (Major Applications)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Major Applications Planner at one of London's most pro-development borough councils who are at the forefront of delivering high profile and prestigious major regeneration projects.
You will be a key member of the Strategic Applications Team with responsibility for managing and processing a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications primarily funded by PPA agreements that includes outline applications, residential led mixed use. schools, estate regeneration projects and tall buildings etc.
Furthermore you will frequently engage with leading developers, architects and consultants to progress major development projects through the planning process from pre app stage onwards.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Negotiate complex S106 agreements in conjunction with discharging conditions and finalising reserved matters.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams encompassing Urban Designers, Conservation Officers, Transport Planners and regeneration professionals.
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Conduct member briefings, engage with regeneration teams and consult with local community groups
- Liaise and work closely with external bodies including the GLA and TFL etc.
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management with proven track record processing large scale major applications.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Jeremy Wright on 0207 318 5263 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org