Planning Officer - Development Control
A vibrant London Borough Council has an urgent requirement for a Planning Officer in their fast moving Development Management Service.
As a Planning Officer you will undertake a variety of duties that include processing a mixed caseload of minor to complex medium applications encompassing residential, commercial, change of use, mixed use, infill housing, new builds, listed building consents and commercial advertisements etc.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
The successful Planning Officer will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject as well as having acquired practical experience in Development Management processing a caseload of minor to medium applications.
As a Planning Officer you will engage with public and key stakeholders therefore it is essential to have good communication and report writing skills.
For further information or an informal discussion, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email email@example.com