EIA Planning Director / Associate Director | 8 office locations | Wide range of projects
An EIA Planning Director or EIA Associate Director is required to join a successful consultancy group with a national presence and ever-growing market share. As a well respected planning business, it would be advantageous if the incoming EIA specialist was also a chartered Town Planner.
The successful candidate could work from any of their office locations across Bristol, London, the Midlands at the North, working as part of a recently restructured team of environmental consultants and transport specialists who work closely with the core town planning teams across each office.
You will be delivering the EIA requirements of a wide range of projects for clients in the public and private sectors. Typical project work will include environmental impact assessments for residential and commercial developments, infrastructure projects, town centre redevelopment schemes, renewable energy and much more. The business has a large volume of active projects nationwide and a pipeline of upcoming projects for 2020, many of which required EIA input, so the role offers diversity in terms of sector work, location of projects and the opportunity to work directly alongside all of the company's existing planning and environmental teams.
Your background will include recent consultancy experience. It is important that you are already client-facing and able to help grow the consultancy’s EIA portfolio over time through both new client generation and maintaining strong relationships that result in ongoing repeat business.
Key Person Specification:
- 7+ years’ experience as an UK-based EIA practitioner with some recent consultancy experience;
- Associate or full member of IEMA;
- Already working at AD/Director level, or ready to step up to these levels from current Principal/Associate grade;
- Competent and able to lead on the preparation and management of the full EIA process for projects of varying scales across a range of sectors;
- Personable and effective project and people manager, able to lead and delegate internally as well as appoint and manage external consultants;
- Client facing, commercially astute and keen to engage in building new client relationships;
- Leadership skills that will allow you to build a successful EIA delivery team around you over time;
- Opportunities to progress to Director / Board level either now or in the coming months;
- Pro-active, positive and solutions focused;
- Some experience of appeals and EiP work would be advantageous but is not essential as full training will be given;
- Membership, or eligibility for membership of the RTPI advantageous.
This post will report directly to the established Director for Sustainability Delivery who is based in Bristol, but this relationship can be managed remotely most of the time so the successful candidate can be based at any one of the firm’s 8 office locations across the country (other office locations are in the South and West Midlands, Yorkshire, London and North London Home Counties).
The salary offered will be commensurate with experience and current remuneration, and the firm offers various attractive benefits including a well-structured bonus scheme.
If this role appeals and you would like to find out more about the opportunity, then please give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, send you CV via the apply button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.