Planning Enforcement Officer
We are currently working with a Local Planning Authority based in Bedfordshire, who are looking to bring on a contract Enforcement Officer for an initial 3-month period.
As an Enforcement Officer within the team, your main duties will be
- To handle the more complex enforcement cases, and particularly to monitor progress of these cases following the issue of formal notices or action
- To investigate cases of alleged unauthorised development and contraventions of planning control reported to the Council and to report on the facts established
- To prepare and issue Requisitions for information and Planning Contravention Notices; preparing site plans and to draft Enforcement and all other planning enforcement related Notices
- To prepare written evidence in connection with Planning Enforcement Appeals and related matters and to present expert evidence at planning Hearings, Public Inquiries and in Court proceedings
- To monitor progress on the implementation of Section 106 Agreements and undertakings
This position will last for an initial 3 months and will extended beyond this period should all go well. The rate of pay will be dependent upon your level and amount of relevant experience, and the hiring manager has asked that candidates be put forward with a suggested desired pay rate, which we will be happy to advise on.
The council are happy to offer flexible working arrangements; a compressed week or home working is available.