An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Planner to join an expanding Local Council Development Control team based in Yorkshire.
This role is for an initial period of 3 months with a view to extend on a rolling basis, this local authority offers a great deal of flexibility in terms of home working. For example, they will allow you to work 2 days from home or allow you to work compressed hours from 5 days down to 4 days per week.
- Managing a mixed caseload of minor, complex medium and up to strategic major applications consisting of listed building consents, residential and commercial etc.
- Attend site visits
- Conduct pre application meetings
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Take on meetings with architects, leading developers and external consultants
- Prior Approvals
- Assist with negotiation of s106 agreements
- Conducting duty planning
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with experience as a Development Control Officer at a UK practical planning authority with great communication and report writing skills.
If you would like to be put forward for this role please contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald & Company on either 020 7318 5261 or get in touch on my email below.