A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Town Planner looking to work on a mixed caseload of minor, complex medium and small scale major applications, commonly this caseload will entailing householder, residential, mixed-use and commercial applications.
The council have expressed they have a number of very interesting mixed-use and residential schemes for this planner to work on comprising of 10 - 15 units.
Duties will include;
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Attending site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please contact Elliot Miles on 0207 318 5261.