Principal Planning Policy Officer / Lead Policy Officer
Principal Planning Policy Officer / Lead Officer
Carrington West are delighted to be assisting their local authority client based in Kent with their Search for a Lead Policy Officer to join their planning department on a 6-month contract.
The role entails being able:
- To manage and progress the review of the Borough Local Plan and other planning policy documents in accordance with agreed timescales , budget and statutory requirements;
- To formulate clear and concise planning policies and proposals for the future development and use of land in the Borough so that the Council meets its social, economic and environmental objectives;
- To contribute towards the delivery of the strategic planning objectives for the Borough in association with key partners, including the County Council and statutory agencies including any bids for central government funding and special grants;
- To inform, advise and represent the Council on strategic and other planning policy matters so that the interests of the Borough are protected and promoted;
- To liaise with and advise other Service Units on relevant planning policy issues so that a corporate approach is fostered;
- To provide advice and information on all planning policy matters, in response to both internal and external requests;
- To manage consultants on a variety of projects including preparation of briefs for consultants or contractors and/or check briefs prepared by them.
- To assist in local transport and infrastructure planning and development work.
You may also be asked to undertake such other duties as may be allocated by the Spatial Planning Manager commensurate with the grade of the post.
Carrington West Hourly Rate - £55+ Per Hour
Please call Ben Hitchman on 02393876027 or email email@example.com
JOB REF - 20316
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the salary/rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Policy and Strategy Full Time jobs in East Sussex
- Consultancy Team Leader Policy and Strategy Full Time jobs in East Sussex
- Local Authority Team Leader Policy and Strategy Full Time jobs in East Sussex
- Other Public sector Team Leader Policy and Strategy Full Time jobs in East Sussex