Local Plan Team Leader - South West - Immediate Start
I'm currently working with a Local Authority in the South West of England who are looking for a Local Plan Team Leader to join them for an initial 6 to 9 month contract, with the likely potential of extension. My client is willing to negotiate on pay rates for the right candidate and can offer flexible working arrangements.
Duties will include:
- Leading on researching evidence and data analysis.
- Taking the local plan through an examination.
- Drafting policy documents.
- Carrying out and analysing the results of public consultation.
- Carrying out sustainability appraisal work.
- Leading on community and stakeholder consultation at certain stages of the strategic planning process, including processing and assessing consultation responses.
- Providing advice to Development Management officers, other Council services, elected Members, stakeholders and residents on a range of planning policy matters and technical areas.
You will ideally be MRTPI accredited and must hold a degree relative to Town Planning. You should also have proven experience consulting on Local Plans as well as recent examination experience. One key aspect of the role will be working with junior members of staff as well as linking in to the Head of Spatial Policy.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or email me your CV.
Still not sure? Feel free to give Alex a call on 02077669004 to discuss this role in more detail or chat about other opportunities Oyster have on.