Associate Director - Client Side - West Hampshire - £40k - £60k + Car + PMI
A well-known residential developer is seeking to expand its Planning Team with the addition of an Associate Director to deliver on significant schemes across the south and east of the country.
Based on the western edge of Hampshire, this developer of specialist housing has seen some recent changes to its management structure. With a new and progressive Head of Planning in post, they are keen to bring in an additional middle leader with extensive knowledge of planning legislation, experience in delivering significant residential schemes (in the public or private sectors) and the proven ability to manage multiple projects, ensuring their ongoing success in obtaining the permissions required to fulfil their development schemes.
In order to be qualified for one of these positions, you should;
- Have at least 5 years’ post-qualification experience in Town Planning, ideally with some experience in the public sector during your career and recent experience of managing large residential developments (private sector is experience is valuable but not essential);
- be a member of the RTPI, or be in a position to become chartered;
- have strong knowledge of planning legislation, policies and planning law;
- have some experience of team leadership, or be able to show natural leadership skills and a willingness to manage and mentor staff;
- hold a full UK driving licence (car or car allowance will be provided);
- be willing and able to travel across a region of the UK (either the south east or eastern region);
- be diligent, have excellent communication and organisational skills and be flexible in your approach to managing a project;
- ideally have a good understanding of budgeting and how to oversee the financial management of a project.
You will be joining a busy developer so some projects will be ongoing and will require the successful candidate to pick them up part way through the application process and take them through to completion. Others are in the pipeline with land already acquired, and some will be completely new sites requiring site appraisals, local plan promotion and negotiation with planning officers. Therefore, you will need to be flexible and able to adapt to a live working environment. There will be plenty of support but also at this time of change, the opportunity to shine and offer insight into how you believe their in-house processes could be changed in order to make the company more successful. It's a great time to join!
As a highly valued member of the team, you will be well rewarded by this employee-focused company. Salary will be above average – most likely somewhere in the £50k’s as a basic, although it could reach £60k at the top end. Bonuses are paid subject to performance (company and individual) and can be up to 10% of salary. You will receive a company car or car allowance valued at over £7000 per annum and full private healthcare. The company pay 7% contributions into your personal pension plan and you will be entitled to 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday. There are many other benefits in addition, all adding up to a significant and very competitive package.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-known and ambitious developer at a key stage in its growth, and at a pivotal point in its future success, so if you are interested in hearing more and applying then please do get in touch.
If you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity then give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, use the apply button below or send your CV to email@example.com including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
More searches like this
- Consultancy Team Leader Property Development Full Time jobs in Ringwood
- Housing Team Leader Property Development Full Time jobs in Ringwood
- Property Team Leader Property Development Full Time jobs in Ringwood
- Local Authority Team Leader Property Development Full Time jobs in Ringwood
- Other Private sector Team Leader Property Development Full Time jobs in Ringwood