Graduate Town Planner
A competitive client focused planning consultancy, based near Bedfordshire are looking for a Graduate Planner to make their mark in their expanding and forward-looking practice.
Established in 2012, they deal with strategy direction, planning law, planning applications and appeals, public consultation, land supply, environmental impact assessment, project management, S106/Community Infrastructure Levy negotiation and the promotion of sites through the development plan process.
They have particular experience in the residential sector and are currently dealing with residential schemes of between 10 - 1,500 dwellings, having long established relationships with a number of national housebuilders, they also deal with regionally focussed housebuilders.
About the role:
- Provide support to senior colleagues on a range of larger planning projects and manage own workload of minor projects
- Assist senior colleagues in the preparation of planning applications, site appraisals, development plan representations, briefing material and research
- Produce clear, well researched and structured pieces of work based on a sound understanding of key issues and planning policy
- Prepare sound and thorough analysis of planning policy, legislation and case law
- Develop professional expertise across a range of planning work
- Communicate clearly and proactively with clients and colleagues and contribute to the delivery of a consistently good quality service
- Develop good working relationships with colleagues, clients, other consultants and local authority planning officers
- Proactively support business development initiatives
- Broaden own profile and take opportunities to contribute more widely
- Starting rate of 21k + performance related bonus at Christmas.
- Applicants must have a car and be able to drive
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please get in touch with me - Billie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 795 4828.