Senior or Associate Planner | Great projects | Genuine progression | Big company, small team
4 days left
- Contract Type
Calling all experienced Town Planners with 2+ years’ experience who are already working or looking to work in the thriving city of Bristol.
The Bristol team of a well-regarded national consultancy, based just a short walk from Temple Meads station, is seeking to hire a Senior or Associate Planner to work directly alongside the Planning Director and wider development team.
- expansive range of projects including town centre regeneration, mixed use developments, residential sites at a range of scales, specialist residential such as student housing and retirement developments, retail projects, office and other commercial developments, appraisals and planning for land acquisition and disposal, undertaking projects on behalf of major public sector clients;
- vast majority of projects are within their patch which covers Bristol, Bath, Somerset and parts of Devon and Wiltshire, so the role would be a viable option for someone who can’t travel too far from home due to family or personal commitments;
- the Planning team is small so the successful candidate will work on all projects and be exposed to the full project cycle, resulting in fantastic experience and potentially faster career progression
- opportunities for progression, future leadership, client contact and developing a client following alongside excellent CPD and internal training;
- interaction with other planning teams within the wider organisation across the UK, along with company-wide initiatives and events;
- For the Senior Planner post, 2+ years’ experience in a Town Planning environment (consultancy, local authority, client side) is required. NB. Candidates with 18 months of good quality consultancy experience will also be considered;
- For the Associate Planner post, you should have at least 5 years PQE and already be project managing large schemes;
- MRTPI or working towards chartership;
- Local to Bristol or keen to relocate and make Bristol your home;
- Strong understanding of all key stages of the planning process (Public Inquiry experience would be valuable at Associate level, although not essential);
- Excellent knowledge of planning legislation and an interest in staying up to date with policy changes;
- Experience working in and around the Bristol area would be valuable, but again not essential;
- Willingness to attend networking and industry events and be involved in developing new workstreams for the team;
- You should be commercially astute. able to present information and build strong relationships with potential new clients, including cross-selling within the wider business.
In return for your efforts and commitment, you will receive a highly competitive basic salary which has recently been benchmarked against competing salaries in the region (circa £30k - £50k DOE). You will also receive a car allowance, private healthcare, good pension, plenty of holiday, life assurance and professional subscriptions paid. You can also earn generous bonuses based on team and individual success.
If you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity, then give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, use the apply button below or send your CV to email@example.com including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Apply for Senior or Associate Planner | Great projects | Genuine progression | Big company, small team
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly