Planning Officers Needed - South West - All Disciplines
I am working with a number of excellent clients in the South West who are looking for Planning professionals at all levels of seniority, they can offer flexible working and a mixed caseload of applications to work on.
I cover authorities that encase areas of outstanding natural beauty, heritage coasts and large urban developments. They would be looking for the candidate to start in the next few weeks.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a mixed caseload of applications including up to Major applications in some authorities.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Candidate's Required Experience:
- Several years' of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of a large scale residential and commercial applications.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate would be around £28 - 36 per hour.
- Most roles are likely to be inside IR35 however some clients are open to evaluating this.
- 2 to 3 weeks start date
- A compressed working week and remote working is available.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to these kind of roles, please call 020 7766 9000 and ask for Alex.