Town Planner | Birmingham | Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy
Are you a Town Planner with 2- 5 years of experience?
Would you like to work on a diverse range of projects?
Do you want to join a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy in Birmingham?
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be working with one of the UK's leading multidisciplinary professional practices on the hire of a Town Planner to their Birmingham office.
The company specialise in the built environment and offer a complete consultancy including town planning, architecture, civil engineering, structural engineering, transport planning, and land surveying.
About the role:
- Preparing planning appraisals, including researching site history and relevant planning policy position
- Preparing Planning Statements to justify development proposals
- Assisting in the co-ordination of applications for major development projects, including attending project meetings and meetings with LPA Officers
- Preparing appeal statements
- Tracking the progress of local plans, preparing representations on Local Plan consultations and examinations
- Client facing or working towards being client facing, dependent on candidates experience level
- 2 - 5 years' planning experience
- MRTPI, or working towards full membership
- Confident speaking with clients
- Working well as part of a team as well as individual creative thinking
- Strong communication including writing reports and presenting
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Methodological approach with high attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software
- Strong Problem solving
What is on offer:
- £26,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Pension auto-enrolment
- Retirement benefits scheme*
- Group income protection*
- Life assurance and medical expenses scheme*
- Travel insurance*
- Regular social events
- Friendly and inclusive working environment which is dynamic and committed to growth
- Regular training and development
- The opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects
*subject to completing a probation period
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 365 100 or email@example.com