Senior Policy Planner
Do you have what it takes to be a Senior Policy Planner in a stunning coastal location?
Competitive salary of up to £39,753 per Annum + Benefits + Excellent relocation package!
Always fancied being paid to live and work by the seaside? Do you strive to make a true difference to your own local community? Dover District Council are looking for a qualified town planner to join us in our friendly Planning Policy team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified planner to take their next step into a Senior position within a forward thinking, innovative council. You will play a key part in preparing the new Local Plan and driving forward town regeneration and an ambitions housing strategy into the next generation. This is a creative role that requires ambition, tenacity and passion for the local community working on a range of regeneration and existing projects https://www.investindover.co.uk/Home.aspx
In addition to a competitive salary of up to £39,753 you can expect the following benefits:
* Flexible working hours
* Opportunities to undertake further professional development
* 21 Days Leave + Bank Holidays + Christmas Closure + increasing holiday allowance to reflect the length of service.
* Private healthcare scheme
* Excellent local authority pension scheme with the opportunity for staff to make Advanced Voluntary Contributions to top of their pension
* Relocation package for candidates outside of the area
* The opportunity to live and work within a seaside location that is bursting with heritage accompanied by a number of towns and rural villages that are all within easy reach of the coast. Other benefits of living in the district include the excellent transportation links to London and across the continent via High-speed Train - Click here to find out more reasons to live in the Dover District!
This is an exciting time to join our team and to make a valuable contribution to the development, examination and subsequent adoption of the new Local Plan. This position will require your expertise across housing, infrastructure and regeneration strategies.
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following:
- Qualification in Town Planning (RTPI)
- 2 years minimum Planning Experience
Closing date: 6th October 2019
Interviews: 17th October 2019