Career Grade Planning Officer (Development)
Local Plan submitted and first hearing sessions complete. What an exciting time to join our team with the prospect of three Garden Communities. This rare and exciting opportunity has arisen because of an internal career progression and offers the chance to further develop your planning knowledge and strengthen your skillset in a supportive working environment.
Uttlesford has a picturesque rural landscape (with significant development challenges) and we are looking for someone who would like to become a planner or has some experience and would like a move to an authority where you will gain experience in a diverse district.
Working within the Development Management Team – key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a Case Officer for complex planning applications and
- appeals including residential and commercial developments (commensurate with experience).
- Taking a proactive project management approach to proposals from pre-application stage to delivery
- Presenting and explaining applications to the Planning Committee (commensurate with experience).
- Applying local and national policy to ensure developments create high quality and sustainable places
- Presenting evidence in planning appeals (commensurate with experience).
To be successful in the role you must have excellent interpersonal and IT skills. You will also have a confident methodical and organised approach to your workload, be calm under pressure with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
At Uttlesford we invest in our staff and will offer you support and training to help move your career forward.
Benefit package for this position includes:
- Paid holidays
- Contributory Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Flex scheme and home working opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Vine extras – Employee discount scheme
- Health and Wellbeing/Time to Change commitment
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday, 2 October 2019.
Interviews will be held Thursday, 10 October 2019.
CVs will not be accepted.
We positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Previous applicants need not apply.