Planner or Senior Planner | Stratford-Upon-Avon | Associate Planners considered too
Would you like to work in the historic town of Stratford-Upon-Avon? Located in the heart of England within easy reach of the Cotswolds, Chilterns and stunning Shropshire Hills, but also close to the thriving cosmopolitan city life of Birmingham, you would have your choice of weekend adventures!
An additional Town Planner or Senior Town Planner is required for a highly professional and well-regarded planning consultancy in Stratford.
This role could suit an RTPI-accredited master’s graduate with approximately 1 year of experience gained in a planning environment up to someone with 10+ years’ experience in the profession – or anything in between!
This busy firm based in the historic town centre have large volumes of work thanks to a solid client base, a strong reputation across the Midlands and projects across the country from Scotland down to the farthest east and west corners of England.
Typically, projects focus around major residential and commercial developments, strategic land allocations, town centre developments, industrial projects and small sites in any sector such as private householders, retail conversions, heritage applications, changes of use and so on. You will be advising on development potential, providing policy advice, preparing planning applications and appeals, drafting representations, presenting at appeal and public inquiry hearings, negotiating S106 agreements, managing enforcement cases and much more.
The team now require an additional Town Planner with upwards of 1 years’ town planning experience in either the public or private sector to join them in delivering an exceptional service to their clients. In joining a small team of just 4-5 planners (who are part of a wider business), you will work alongside highly experienced professionals daily, allowing you to grow your professional skills whilst accessing the full applications process for a range of interesting and challenging projects.
The ideal candidate will:
- have at least 1 years’ experience in a Town Planning environment (private sector [consultancy or developer], or public sector policy or DM);
- have gained up to 10 years’ experience at the upper end of the scale (they are open to bringing someone in above Senior Planner level if the right person shows interest);
- hold a minimum 2:1 first degree and good GCSE and A-Level grades;
- already be a member of the RTPI, or be in a position to become chartered in the next year or so;
- have strong working (or university-level) knowledge of planning legislation, policies and planning law;
- show commercial awareness and a willingness to learn or further develop their consultancy skills;
- show a clear desire to progress in their career, becoming a key member of the team;
- hold a full UK driving licence and ideally have access to a car;
- be willing and able to travel for work as required;
- be diligent, have excellent communication and organisational skills and be flexible in your approach to team work and project delivery;
- be keen to attend industry events and conferences in order to further their knowledge and grow their own network.
In return, you will be rewarded with:
- fantastic CPD and a highly professional working environment;
- a long standing and financially stable company;
- a competitive basic salary plus a range of benefits;
- opportunities to earn bonuses as a result of excellent performance, awarded twice yearly.
- BUPA private medical insurance
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + opportunity to buy additional 5 days per annum
- 5% match pension
If you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity then give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, use the apply button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Apply for Planner or Senior Planner | Stratford-Upon-Avon | Associate Planners considered too
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Consultancy Planner Town Centres Full Time jobs in Leamington Spa
- Education Planner Town Centres Full Time jobs in Leamington Spa
- Housing Planner Town Centres Full Time jobs in Leamington Spa
- Property Planner Town Centres Full Time jobs in Leamington Spa
- Other Private sector Planner Town Centres Full Time jobs in Leamington Spa