Strategic Planning Manager
Winchester is steeped in history and this heritage is part of what makes our district such a special place to live, work and visit.
We are seeking someone familiar with managing the various political, legal and public sensitivities associated with developing and managing planning strategy and policies. As Strategic Planning Manager you will play an integral part in setting the policy framework across Winchesters District.
This is a full time post managing the Strategic Planning Team. The Councils Local Plan is in the early stages of review following an initial call for sites and preparation of the evidence base needed to inform our strategy moving forward. We are therefore seeking an experienced Planning Policy professional to lead this work demonstrating previous experience of the Local Plan process.
The successful candidate must have a post-graduate degree in Town and Country Planning or equivalent and be a member, or eligible for membership, of the Royal Town Planning Institute and have extensive experience at a senior level with a proven track record of delivery of successful outcomes.
This position offers excellent opportunities for ambitious individuals to develop their experience and progress their career.
If you are passionate about delivering strong planning strategy and policies to secure the highest quality of development, we want to hear from you.
In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including
- Salary up to £55,958 per annum
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- Competitive annual leave per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For further information about this post please contact Julie Pinnock, Service Lead Built Environment 01962 848439.
Closing date –Tuesday 24th September 2019
Interviews – Thursday 3rd October 2019