Corporate Head Of Planning
A highly prestigious Local Authority in Surrey is looking for an experienced Corporate Head of Planning to come on board and coordinate their Development Management and Building Control teams.
The main objective of this role is to manage and work collaboratively with the two teams to further development in the local area and ensure that targets are hit and the service is performing to a high standard.
In addition, a key aspect of the role is to manage the planning service and oversee the delivery of the garden village that is being implemented as well as building good relationships with local politicians and council members.
Additional Duties include:
- Performance Management.
- Manage service budgets
- Develop and implement service and improvement strategies
- Staff development including appraisals.
- Coordinating the Service's management team.
- Represent council at committee and public inquiries
- Conduct member briefing and engage with key stakeholders in relation to development and regeneration projects.
- Managing future recruitment
- Develop and build strong relationships with elected members and politicians
This is a fantastic opportunity for skilled and experienced head of planning or development management manger that has the ability to manage, drive and motivate teams to ensure that workloads are met, customer service and operational efficiency is improved.
Successful candidates will be full members of the RTPI coupled with practical experience managing a Development Management and Building Control team at a large UK based Planning Authority.
In addition, you will have exemplary communication and organisational skills with a proactive approach to seeking out and promoting new ideas to modernize the service.
For further information please contact Elliot Miles at Macdonald and Company on 0207 318 5261.