Senior Planning Officer
We are currently working with a local authority based in Yorkshire area, who are looking to take on a Senior Planning Officer for an initial 6-month assignment. This role will involve:
- The processing of planning applications from minors up to smaller majors, householder applications, prior notification applications, applications for advertisement consent.
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals against their conformity with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees)
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committee.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on planning applications. If you would like more information, please get in touch with Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 3795 4835.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are considering contracting, or looking for a role anywhere nationwide, it would be great to hear from you. We do not advertise all of our posts.