Senior Planning Officer
We are currently working with a local authority based in Yorkshire area, who are looking to take on a Senior Planning Officer for an initial 6-month assignment. This role will involve:
- The processing of planning applications from minors up to smaller majors, householder applications, prior notification applications, applications for advertisement consent.
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals against their conformity with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees)
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committee.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on planning applications. If you would like more information, please get in touch with Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 3795 4835.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are considering contracting, or looking for a role anywhere nationwide, it would be great to hear from you. We do not advertise all of our posts.
Apply for Senior Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly