Senior DM Planning Officer
I am currently working with a Bedfordshire based local authority, who are looking to take on a Senior level planner for an initial 3-month contract, though there is potential for your contract to be extended beyond this. The council are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
This role will involve:
- The processing of planning applications, from complex minors to larger residential application of up to 250+ dwellings. There will also be some work on industrial applications (B2 to B8), EIA Screenings and some regeneration work.
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals in line with national and local policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees).
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
It is essential that you have experience in Development Management, specifically Major Applications that will screen against Environmental Impact Assessments. You must also have an up to date knowledge of planning legislation.
There is some flexibility with home working arrangements, and this can be negotiated.
Apply for Senior DM Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly