Senior Planning Officer
We are currently working with a local authority based in the East Midlands, who are looking to take on a contract Senior Officer for an initial 3-month assignment. This role will involve:
Your main purposes in this role are as follows:
- To ensure all major growth sites and a range of strategic planning applications are developed in accordance with national policy, the Development Plans and local government strategies.
- To provide professional advice regarding a range of planning matters associated with development control and new communities including pre-application enquiries/ planning performance agreements.
- To work in partnership, and as part of joint planning arrangements, with other agencies and developers to deliver quality sustainable communities.
- To manage the work carried out by a team of officers and consultants under the direction of the Team Manager to create and support sustainable communities.
- To assist the Team Manager within the team with handling appeals and applications.
- To process all planning applications assigned to the postholder in an efficient and time effective way.
- To achieve the appropriate balance between customer focus, quality and timeliness.
- To ensure that growth areas are quality developments, reflecting the spirit and purpose of the Planning Permissions, Master Plan, and design guidance.
- To process all planning applications and project work assigned to the post holder in an efficient and time effective way, typically, these will tend to be medium-large applications.
- Actively monitoring and reviewing decisions taken is an essential part of the job.
- Providing general planning guidance to statutory, non-statutory, public bodies and the general public.
- To assist/guide developers in the formulation of quality planning applications, master plans and design guidance.
- To work flexibly in response to the priorities of the wider Planning Service.
It is essential that you have experience working on strategic sites of large-scale outline applications, Environmental Impact Assessments, stakeholder management and community engagement. You must also be a capable project manager and be adept in negotiation. You must have a degree or diploma in Town Planning, or a related discipline and hold full or licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
The rate for this role will be commensurate with the successful contractor's previous experience but is expected to be in the £36 - £40 p/h range.
If you are interested then please call 01614137290 and ask for Conner
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Senior Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Midlands
- Charity / Not for Profit Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Midlands
- Community Group Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Midlands
- Consultancy Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Midlands
- Education Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Midlands