Information and Monitoring Officer
Mansfield District Council has an exciting opportunity available for an Information and Monitoring Officer to join the busy planning policy team based in Mansfield. You will join on a fixed term 12 month basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,554 - £21,166 per annum.
The historic market town of Mansfield is Nottinghamshire’s second biggest settlement. Close to the heart of Sherwood Forest, there is easy access to Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield and the Peak District along with excellent links to both the M1 and A1 highway networks.
The Information and Monitoring Officer role:
You will prepare plans using GIS to support the work of the planning policy team including the final stages of the Mansfield District Local Plan. You will also support the Principal Planning Officer in updates to the Housing Economic Land Availability Assessment and the Brownfield Register.
Our ideal Information and Monitoring Officer
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- The ability to develop and maintain databases.
- The ability to monitor and record development proposals which impact on the planning strategy within the district and to prepare the Annual Monitoring Report.
- A strong team player with a real desire to make further improvement happen and take initiative.
- Strong IT skills in particular experience in the use of GIS.
- A great, stimulating work place
- 29 days minimum annual leave entitlement
- A range of development opportunities
- Generous flexi-time system
- Easily accessible, central location
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Information and Monitoring Officer.
Closing date: 22nd September 2019
Interview date: w/c 7th October 2019
Mansfield District Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community.