Highways Development Control Engineer
My client is looking to bring a Senior Development Control Engineer into their team immediately. The pay rate is negotiable for the right candidate and they are looking to see CVs right away!
Your duties will include:
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
- Ensure development impacts of the highway are mitigated, and developments will be integrated to sustainable transport network, especially infrastructure for walking and cycling
- Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and / or highway improvements (or contributions towards them) and assessment of commuted sums for the adoption of new infrastructure assets adopted by the authority. In addition, identify quantify and justify the payment of commuted sums.
- To organise and be accountable for the effective monitoring of Highway Legal agreements
Previous experience required:
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway engineering / transport and development planning
- Proven experience in processing Highways Development Control functions such as S184 / S38 / S278 / Stopping Up Orders / Highway Planning Applications etc
- General knowledge of Planning, development and Transport Policies and associated Legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
If this position sounds like it would be of interest, please get in contact with either myself or any of the Highways and Transport team on 0207 766 9000.
If this role sounds of interest, please get in touch via the details below. However, should you be in the market for something new but this isn't quite right/know of somebody who may be right please also get in touch as I'm currently recruiting for a number of roles and am always on the lookout for strong candidates.