Planning Officer x2
We are currently working with a Local Authority based in the West Yorkshire area, who are looking to take on Two Planning Officers for an initial 3-6-month contract, but this is highly likely to roll on for a considerable length of time. This role will involve:
- The processing of householder and minor planning applications.
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals in line with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees).
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Planning Officer with recent experience working in a local authority on householder and minor planning applications. You would need to be able to pick up a caseload of applications and work through them with minimal supervision. The area is rural and therefore you will need to be able to drive for site visits.
There is some flexibility with home working, and this can be negotiated.
If you would like more information, please get in touch with Alex at email@example.com, or 020 3795 4835.