Senior Policy Officer (Outside IR35)
A Local Authority in the West Midlands are looking to recruit a Senior Policy Officer to work in their local plans team for a minimum period of 3-6 months, though this is likely to roll on.
Generally speaking, your responsibilities will include:
- To assist with the preparation, monitoring and revision of individual planning policies, as appropriate for the development of the Local Plan for the borough, and to make recommendations in conjunction with the Principal Planning Officer and the Strategic Planning Manager under the provisions of Town and Country Planning legislation
- To undertake surveys, and be responsible for the collection, recording, analysing and interpretation of information; undertake background research; prepare, explain and present conclusions, policies and proposals to colleagues, other services and the public.
- To ensure the regular collection of data and information and consequent preparation of monitoring reports.
- To prepare reports and present data and information, including sketch plans and diagrams, if appropriate, for use by a wider audience.
- To organise and contribute to the running of public participation exercises including workshops, focus groups and attendance at Parish Council and neighbourhood forum meetings.
- To organise and undertake non-statutory consultation with the public and relevant agencies.
- To provide professional guidance to the general public and other staff of the Council including Planning Control on planning policies.
- To be informed and aware of relevant legislation, government advice and the activities of other organisations and professional associations that may bear upon planning policy and project issues.
The council have various other exciting projects happening and this is a great area to work in and get involved in shaping in the coming years.
The council are happy to discuss part-time and flexible working arrangements, and the rate you could expect will depend on your previous experience within a similar role.
This position is Outside IR35.
If you would like more information on this role, and the rate you could expect to be paid, please get in touch with Alex on 020 3795 4835, firstname.lastname@example.org.