Land Manager | Cheshire | Leading House Builder
Title: Land Manager (Residential)
- Do you hold Land Acquisition experience?
- Are you seeking a client-side opportunity?
If so we would love to hear from you.
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a leading housebuilder who is seeking to appoint a Land Manager to work from their Cheshire office. Reporting to the Land Director the post holder will identify, negotiate and acquire land suitable for the profitable development of the Company's business. Effectively managing the land owned or under contract to the Company within their area of operation.
Some of the duties will include:
- In conjunction with the Land Director to establish the priorities for the purchase of land.
- To develop and maintain the Development Plans to identify possible future development sites suitable for purchase under option.
- To discuss with Local Planning Authorities the future potential of land for development.
- To negotiate the purchase of land directly with agents and/or owners.
- To prepare a monthly report outlining contacts made and progress in the identification and negotiation of land and outlining key issues and resolutions.
- To liaise with and keep the Land Director fully informed of all negotiations prior to submission.
- To ensure all offers are made subject to contract.
- To liaise with other Land Managers within the Company to ensure no duplication occurs.
- To provide appropriate instructions to the Company's Legal Director for the purchase of land/entering into options.
- To project manage the process of having an offer accepted to an exchange of contractors and, if necessary, to secure completion of the land acquisition.
- Demonstrable track record of buying land.
- Good understanding of legal obligations.
- Proven list of contacts in the area of employment.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of planning authorities and the planning process.
- Strong mathematical and IT ability.
- Ability to assess and analyse information.
- In-depth understanding of budget management.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The role will be both autonomous and collaborative, which will suit a planner that has been exposed to residential development and who is looking to progress their career with an innovative house builder.
If you feel this role may be of interest, we would love to hear from you! Call Myles Hooban now on 01792 365 103 or email Myles.Hooban@penguinrecruitment.co.uk. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.