We are currently working with a Local Planning Authority based in Gloucestershire, who are looking to bring on a contract Enforcement Officer for an initial 3 month initial contract, likely to be extended, should everything go well.
As an Enforcement Officer within the team, your main duties will be
- To assist with the investigation of alleged breaches of planning control, including carrying out site visits, interviewing complainants alleged suspects and other interested parties as part of the evidence gathering process.
- To analyse of the facts of the case and undertake an assessment of the planning merits, with guidance where needed, in order to determine the most appropriate action.
- Under guidance, to negotiate with a range of customers, including agents, in respect of a variety of development control and enforcement matters.
- To deal efficiently and courteously with visitors to the office, telephone enquiries and other correspondence, providing assistance and guidance on general planning and enforcement matters.
- To liaise and assist with work activities of other sections and divisions of the Directorate and outside bodes, including statutory undertakers and Consultees in connection with development control and enforcement matters.
This position will last for an initial 3 months and will extended beyond this period should all go well. The council are happy to offer flexible working arrangements; a compressed week or home working is available.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to contact Amy on 02037954828. Alternatively, you can send your CV to email@example.com and she can give you more information.
Amy has experience working with local authorities within the South West of England and the Home Counties. Should you be looking for other positions in these regions please get in touch so we can discuss further!