Senior Policy Officer
Park Avenue has been tasked with sourcing a Senior Policy Officer to join a progressive Local Planning Authority based in the West Midlands
This vacancy will be for an initial 3 months with potential for extension to 6 months and is paying up to £35 an hour.
Duties of the role:
- Carry out consultations on the local plan and other planning policy documents including attendance at exhibitions and meetings
- Carry out research as part of your work on the preparation of the local plan and any other policy documents
- Prepare draft sections of the local plan, supplementary planning documents and papers, and reports on them and other planning policy issues, including consultation documents for officers and members
- Assist and oversee the production of documents making up the local plan
- Provide professional advice and training on planning policy and development matters to the public, Members and other professionals
- Prepare and present evidence supporting the council's cases at examinations
- Assist in the supervision of the work of junior planning or technical officers
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory supporting documents
- Conduct member briefings
I appreciate that this is a brief summary; if you would like any further information on this role and the local authority you would be working for, do give me a call or drop me an email, email@example.com, 020 3795 4835.