Growth & Infrastructure Planner - Graduate
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wishing to embark on a career in planning and become a qualified member of the Royal Town Planning Institute. This position involves supported study at an RTPI accredited university in London, paid for by Tower Hamlets Council and accompanied with a salary. The successful applicant will gain not only a post-graduate university qualification, but will also have the benefit of gaining real life planning experience at the cutting edge of a new and developing part of planning. At the successful completion of study, the post will graduate to a permanent Growth & Infrastructure Planner full time.
Tower Hamlets is a great place to live and work and we are passionate about what we do. We are committed to creating an environment that makes our communities proud to live in and that can be enjoyed, now and long into the future. To help us achieve this we are looking for someone who will share our passion and relish the opportunity to tackle the exciting challenges ahead.
Your technical and professional knowledge will be important and you will be expected to deliver high quality outcomes, learning and using practical project management skills. You will be skilled in contributing towards a positive and effective working environment for both the team and the individuals within it. You will make great relationships with your team, colleagues, partners and management, to enable the collective delivery of our aims. Essentially you will exhibit the ‘TOWER’ values and behaviour of the council including working Together, being Open, Willing, striving for Excellence and having Respect.
This post is open to candidates with appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil the job description and person specification attached to the role.
Benefits and Allowances
- Annual Leave – generous leave allowance with continuous service provisions, granting additional leave to be achieved;
- Pensions - You will automatically become a member of the Council's rewarding pension scheme;
- Flexible working - the council seeks to ensure that employees achieve improved work life balance and offer flexibility to staff members such as the option to work from home (when appropriate);
- Learning & development – the Council promotes continuous development of staff members at all times and supports a wide range of internal and external training programmes including project management, leadership development and technical training.
- You will receive support and guidance from qualified members of staff (RTPI Accredited Planners) if you are commencing/progressing on to certain routes within the RTPI Licentiate Assessment of Professional Competence (L-APC) to gain Associate/Chartered status.
- Staff loan scheme for annual season travel ticket - the council gives interest-free season ticket loans to staff who have successfully completed their probationary period;
- Travel schemes/allowances – this includes: cycle to work scheme, pool bike scheme and expenses covered with all travel related to working task;
- Employee Assistance Programme - the council offers an employee assistance programme that provides confidential counselling support services for both personal and work-related issues to staff.
This post is open to the following types of applicants: Internal/External/Redeployees/Agency
If this role is available to Internal employees only, this will include agency workers but does not include independent contractors or Skills Match trainees
All applications should be made via our online application system, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted.
Internal employees should apply via the council's Intranet. External applicants apply via the Council's website.