Minerals and Waste Planner
Our client based in the Somerset area are looking for a senior level Development Management Planner with specific minerals and waste experience to work within the Planning team.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
My client is looking for an experienced senior level Planner who has specific experience working on minerals and waste applications that they can apply to the caseload needed at the council.
My client is looking at offering a 3 month initial contract however with the view to extend further past this initial duration.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own caseload of workload and will ideally be able to hit the ground running once started.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience working at County Councils or handling minerals and waste applications
- Relevant related Town Planning/ Geography Degree/Chartered RTPI Status or working towards chartership/ Significant Experience
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Planning Software for example IDOX or Uniform
- Sound written and numeracy communication skills able to converse with developers and the public.
Working conditions / environment:
- Flexible working/ home working is available as the council are equipped for this type of working
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle to conduct site visits
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working hours and days available
- £30 - £36 p/h via own Umbrella Provider or PAYE (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Poppy Dugan directly on 01489898804
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Town Planning Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Town Planning industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.