Principal Planning Officer (DM) - Permanent - East London LPA
Title: Principal Development Management Officer
Client: Local Authority
Location: East London
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 p/a (depending on experience)
Our client, an East London Local Authority has been touted as London's borough of eastern promise and one of the capital's hottest investment opportunities. The Council's pioneering urban regeneration company, is spearheading the drive to maximise the borough's potential and deliver 50,000 homes and 20,000 jobs over the next 20 years.
We are looking for someone who has the passion, skills and drive to help deliver truly inclusive regeneration.
Planning at the Council offers something unique; a planning super service. We provide the Council's core planning services alongside planning consultancy working on the Council's site portfolio as well as with developers and investors. It is an exciting time for the team, with lots of supported opportunity for career growth, and we are looking for positive, creative and enthusiastic people who relish a challenge and recognise that planning is a tool for delivering successful places.
Key skills for the role of Principal Development Management Officer include:
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of the planning system and the processes involved in:
- o Determining major, complex planning applications and urban regeneration;
- o Planning appeals;
- o Successful s106 negotiations.
- Critical analysis, and a willingness to guide development and applicants through planning to deliver high-quality schemes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, for writing reports, leading planning meetings, engaging with colleagues, applicants and Members, and for presenting at Planning Committee;
- Proactive in promoting the development aspirations of the Council, building the borough's profile with the GLA, within the property sector more widely and with statutory organisations (etc);
- Good project management skills, balancing a varied caseload to meet deadlines;
- Circa 7+ years experience ideally (but not essentially) both London-based and within Development Management;
- Ability to work independently but still very much as part of a team, managing junior employees;
- Good academic credentials, with a preference (but not essential) for RTPI qualification (or equivalent);
- A friendly but robust can-do attitude.
Interested in this position?
The Team Leader leading this recruitment is keen to meet with interested Planners immediately so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For more information on this role or other London vacancies please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com