Policy Manager - Hertfordshire
One of my clients in Hertfordshire are looking for a Development Management Team Leader to join them for an initial contract of 6-12 months, with the likely potential for extension. They are looking for someone to start ASAP and rates are dependant on experience. This role is inside IR35.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Planning Policy Team, to manage Planning Policy Team budgets and work with the Head of Service to maintain an up to date business plan for the service
- Maintaining an up to date Local Development Scheme
- progressing the Council's Development Management Plan (DMP) and Policies Map to Regulation 19 stage, and potentially through examination, ensuring a robust evidence base and sound and legally compliant policies
- Taking responsibility for the briefing of senior management, the Portfolio Holder, and other elected members, in relation to the emerging DMP and Policies Map.
- Ensuring that the duty to cooperate is fulfilled, including engaging with other local authorities on their development plans, and respond to planning policy consultations from Government, Government agencies, other local authorities and other organisations as appropriate
- Providing oversight of the provision of policy advice on planning applications
- Overseeing the publication of various plan monitoring documents including the Authorities Monitoring Report
It would be beneficial if you had previous Local Authority management experience.
If you are interested in this role or in other Policy or Management opportunities in the area, please do apply below or call 02077669000 and ask for Harriet!