Senior Transport Planning Officer
To undertake professional transport work in support of the delivery of a high quality city and a customer focused service, including supporting or acting as lead officer in:
- Developing, monitoring and managing an integrated transport strategy, as part of the wider Local Plan for the city, and set within a regional and sub-regional context.
- Developing, monitoring and managing delivery and action plans, including the Local Transport Plan, to secure delivery of the Local Plan and sustainable growth.
- Promoting and putting in place funded programmes for the delivery of transport priorities, including attracting funding from external funding sources.
- The post holder will help to ensure maximum potential is realised across complex and evolving European and UK Government legislation.
- Project management, preparation, submission and the delivery of Major Scheme Business Cases and other major scheme projects.
- To evaluate and process planning and other applications for development in relation to highway and transport matters
- Determining the transport impacts/requirements associated with the delivery of new development and regeneration projects in the City, and dealing with transport and highway works implementation issues arising from development and regeneration including Section 278 and Section 38 Agreements, Section 106 Agreements, Stopping Up and Diversion of Highway Orders.
- Delivering transport smarter choices including walking, cycling and travel planning, with other council services and external consultants.
The balance of these functions will depend on which team the post holder is located and the overall priorities of the department; although the post is designed to offer maximum flexibility in the deployment of staff resources in order to meet evolving business needs and offer staff development opportunities.
If you feel like this is an opportunity that would be of interest, then please feel free to get in touch with any of the Highways and Transport team on 0207 766 9000. Likewise if this role seems interesting but isn't in the right area; not the right seniority; or if you are simply looking for something a little different, we are constantly looking for outstanding Highways and Transport professionals across the country and are always happy to have a discreet discussion about potential opportunities.