Planning Consultant | Abingdon base (flexible/remote working offered) | 2+ years' | Rural Planning
5 days left
- Contract Type
Calling all Town Planners with a keen interest in Rural Planning and helping to develop strategies that will help to ensure the future economic security of rural regions.
My consultancy client - the very best in their sector - is seeking a Town Planner to join their growing practice in Abingdon, a great location to the south of Oxford and surrounded by beautiful countryside in all directions.
The planning practice in question are specialists in rural planning, offering an outstanding level of service to their clientele, many of whom are rural landowners, farmers looking to diversify, landed estates, owners of equestrian and other rural businesses as well as private householders looking to extend or develop their properties in areas of outstanding beauty or where buildings are in a historical conservation area.
Projects undertaken are diverse in type and scale but are always linked by their rural nature, so it is vital that the incoming Town Planner has a solid interest in rural planning and conservation and are able to identify with the values of the countryside but also the issues that rural individuals and businesses face in trying to develop and modernise.
Typical tasks of the successful candidate will include:
- site appraisals;
- running searches and undertaking site assessments;
- providing strategy advice to clients on schemes and likely planning implications;
- preparing planning statements and applications;
- putting a clients' case forward to rural planning authorities across the southern half of the country and the south/West Midlands (they have another office which covers the north);
- presenting at planning committee/appeal
The ideal candidate will:
- have at least 2 years' experience in a planning environment;
- hold a good degree/Masters in a planning field;
- be part way through their RTPI pathway, or already be chartered;
- be able to demonstrate some experience of rural planning projects, and show a genuine interest in rural issues;
- have excellent written and verbal presentation skills;
- enjoy working as part of a cohesive team that is small but growing;
- be ambitious, keen to take on responsibility and have the capacity to grow with the needs of the business;
- happy to attend events, conferences and other marketing opportunities;
- hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car.
In return, you will be given the opportunity to join a company whose experience and reputation in the sector are second to none. You will be offered excellent training and CPD, be mentored through the RTPI chartership pathway (if required), be surrounded by a lovely team with excellent administrative and office management support and be offered a flexible working environment with the freedom to work remotely as required.
Salary will be commensurate with your level of experience and the value you can bring to the business from day one. If you are still fairly early in your career and can bring strong technical planning skills then the salary will be somewhere between £30k and £45k, but if you are a much more experienced planner with valuable contacts/clients in the region then the salary could be more. In addition to salary, they offer a company pension scheme, mileage at HMRC rates and performance-related bonuses along with various other ancillary benefits.
If you want to find out more about this exciting rural planning opportunity then give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246. Alternatively, send your CV via the 'apply' button below or send your CV to email@example.com including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialises in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Apply for Planning Consultant | Abingdon base (flexible/remote working offered) | 2+ years' | Rural Planning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly