Associate Town Planner - Leeds
Associate Town Planner
Up to £55,000 + benefits
Current job feeling stale? Looking to develop in a progressive consultancy?
Maybe it’s time for a change of scenery.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Town Planner to join a leading practice in Yorkshire. You’ll join a practice who are actively looking to identify and nurture future business leaders to work in either the Development Management, Land Promotion or Architecture teams whilst driving the sustainable growth of the business.
The Associate Town Planner will be an excellent development management practitioner with proven business development and job-winning skills. You’ll be a fully chartered member of the RTPI with about seven years’ post qualification experience in private practice. The Associate Town Planner will be expected to take a lead role on projects and work with others to deliver successful outcomes for the firm’s clients. As such, strong interpersonal and communicational skills are a must.
- Extensive experience in the preparation, submission and management of a range of planning applications and appeals for residential, mixed-use or logistics projects
- Confident in managing both clients and projects
- Commercially aware with business development skills.
- Skilled in negotiation and in liaising with clients, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Strong in written communication with an ability to provide clear and concise reasoned advice to clients
- Able to manage workload, budgets and to co-ordinate projects (with colleagues and sub-consultants)
- Full UK driving licence plus access to a car
The Associate Town Planner will be provided with regular appraisals and ongoing mentoring to support your professional development. You will also benefit from a company wide bonus system linked to annual performance. The Associate Town Planner will receive a salary up to £55,000 with opportunities for excellent career development within the practice available to the right candidate.
Jon Taylor – JTA – 01792 484 444