I am currently working with one of my best clients, an Essex based Local Planning Authority, who are currently looking to bring on permanent members of staff to the Planning team. They are looking for planners from Planning Officer up to Senior Planning Officer level to join at what is an exciting time for the authority. It is a leading Authority in the area with ambitious plans for growth, with over 10000 new homes planned up to 2033, encompassing the creation of new garden communities based on Garden City principles.
The Council are investing directly in homes, health, jobs and journeys with a £100m plus strategic investment plan, and they are also looking to maintain their proud track record in planning good quality, sustainable developments. By investing in and embracing new technology and mobile working, the Council are looking at ways to improve the quality of service they can offer their customers. With that, they are looking for experienced, hardworking and proactive officers who wish to advance their career in what is a dynamic and ambitious planning service.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To assess planning and related applications against the Council’s policies and prepare and assist in the preparation of reports and recommendations thereon.
- To attend Planning Committee meetings and present planning application reports and recommendations.
- To undertake site inspections and meetings with regards to planning applications and pre-applications, and appeals and enforcement enquiries where required.
- To advise applicants on the content of applications both prior to and after submission.
- To advise Parish Councils, elected Members and members of the public on Development Management matters.
- To prepare evidence for planning and enforcement appeals and give evidence at appeals at the level appropriate to experience.
- To liaise with the Planning Policy Team on policy matters and the preparations of development briefings.
- To support, contribute and comply with quality procedures as described within the Corporate Quality Policy and as directed by the Service’s management.
A degree in Town Planning or a related subject is preferable for this position, as is previous experience of working within the planning field. It is essential you have previous experience of working within a customer focused environment. Benefits of the position include flexible working opportunities, a lease car scheme, free car parking and a clearly defined CareerPath.
Salaries for the Planning Officer and Senior Planner start at £25,605, going up to £44,268; your salary will depend on qualifications and experience. For more information on the post outlined above, please do apply and I’ll gladly pass over the details that I have.