Planning Consultant | 100% flexible working | Quasi-consultancy/developer | Full or Part time
1 day left
- Contract Type
Planning Consultant required to work for quasi-consultancy/developer, offering 100% flexible working practices via Google Virtual Office and unlimited holidays - FULL OR PART TIME OPTION.
Are you a parent as well as a Town Planner, requiring reduced hours in order to balance work with childcare commitments? Would working school hours only be appealing, with plenty of opportunity to take leave over school holidays?
Are you a carer who needs to be at home all or most of the time but would still like to have a fulfilling career alongside?
Or do you still need to work full time but simply love the idea of a 30 second commute from bedroom to home office, or even the coffee shop down the road, escaping to the gym or meeting a friend for lunch with no clock watching or demanding boss looking over your shoulder?
The company and role:
This developer with in-house planning consultancy are looking to bring an experienced Planning Consultant on board to deliver on an extensive range of residential and mixed use developments - some are designed and built by themselves and others are delivered on behalf of national and regional housebuilders. Projects are nationwide although a lot are Midlands focused due to the company's HQ location in Northampton. They offer a 'one stop shop' for developers, with in house disciplines including Architecture, Urban Design, Graphic and Interior Design, Ecology and more, and of course these same professionals work on the company's own development projects too. Projects range from 5 to over 1000 units and they have just under 20 staff, some of whom are based in the office in Northampton but others are scattered across the country. Flexibility is 100% so you can work from home, or if you are local to Northampton then you can work from the office as little or as much as you like. You will of course need to attend site visits and meetings a couple of times a month, and the only other ask is that you attend a full staff meeting once a month in a nominated location. You can work full or part time, with hours of work being dependant on your needs.
- You will be an experienced Town Planner (2+ years as they are not able to support a graduate at this point) with the experience and ability to deliver residential planning applications of all scales.
- You could have 2 years or 40 years' experience - it really doesn't matter!
- You MUST be a self starter, able to work autonomously, especially if you would need to be largely home-based.
- You will ideally have some local authority experience. Applicants from consultancy, housebuilders and local authority are all encouraged.
- You must have recent experience and be up to date with relevant legislation and the NPPF.
- You must have the ability to juggle multiple projects and coordinate applications on behalf of several different clients at the same time, so organisation and communication skills must be strong.
- You should be personable and able to work closely with a team of related disciplines as well as able to manage the work of external consultants where required.
- You must be comfortable with phone and conference/video calls as many company meetings take place with remote workers dialling in.
- A driving licence and car are essential.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary is dependent on experience and current remuneration.
- There is no need to bring clients or win work, but if you do have housebuilder contacts who you bring to the table, you will be well rewarded in terms of additional salary and/or bonuses.
- You will receive a work mobile phone and laptop with full Google Virtual Office setup.
- Mileage is paid at HMRC rates.
- There is a generous company pension scheme.
- Salary reviewed and usually increased at successful 6 month probation sign off.
- Annual performance and salary reviews.
- Bonuses paid at Christmas.
- Unlimited holiday allowance - as long as your work targets are met, you can take as much holiday as like.
If you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity with a genuinely open, 21st century consultancy/developer who are going places then give Claire a call on 07983 143 831 or 020 7859 4246.
Alternatively, send you CV via the apply button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including a contact number so that I can get in touch with you.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Apply for Planning Consultant | 100% flexible working | Quasi-consultancy/developer | Full or Part time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Consultancy Planner Property Development jobs in Northampton
- Housing Planner Property Development jobs in Northampton
- Property Planner Property Development jobs in Northampton
- Local Authority Planner Property Development jobs in Northampton
- Other Private sector Planner Property Development jobs in Northampton