Planning Officer - Somerset - Immediate Start
I am working with a client in Somerset, who are looking to bring on-board a Planning Officer for a 3-6 months rolling contract. The role would be an immediate start and the client can offer flexible working and a degree of working from home.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing Minors, Householders and complex Minor applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Candidate's Required Experience:
- Several years' of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of a varied caseload.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate would be around £27-£35 per hour.
- Most likely to be inside IR35 however the client is open to evaluating this.
- Immediate start date
- A compressed working week and remote working is available.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9000 and ask for Alex.