Principal Policy Officer
I am currently working with a Staffordshire based Local Planning Authority, who are looking to bring on a Policy Planner to help with the Local Plan work.
The post plays a significant role in ensuring the right infrastructure is secured and delivered in connection with new developments. The successful contractor will need to be adept at developing and managing systems. You will be involved in progressing a revised community infrastructure levy charging schedule for the district as well as working on developing guidance on developer contributions to ensure the district is well placed to deliver quality development supported by appropriate infrastructure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, project manage and assist in the production of documents making up the local plan
- Carry out research into a variety of topics as part of the work on the preparation of the local plan and other policy documents
- Write briefs, employ consultants and manage contracts for specialist work and projects
- Attend project meetings with internal and external stakeholders (including evening meetings when requested)
- Prepare draft sections of the local plan and supplementary planning documents and papers and reports on them and other planning policy issues, including consultation documents for officers and Members
- Carry out consultations on the local plan and other planning policy documents including attendance at exhibitions and meetings
- Prepare and present evidence supporting the Council's case at the Examination
- Provide advice on and assistance to town and parish councils preparing or wishing to prepare Neighbourhood Development Plans Provide professional advice and training on planning policy and development matters to the public, Members and other professionals
- Assist in the supervision of the work of junior planning or technical officers
- Assist in other aspects of the team's work including input into county and other cross-authority planning arrangements, management of the Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, nature conservation and transportation matters
- Support development management colleagues in interpreting policy for planning applications
It is imperative that you have a degree in a related discipline, or equivalent level of qualification or experience.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to contact Alex on 020 3795 4835. Alternatively, you can send your CV to email@example.com and I can give you more information.