Senior Planning Officers – Development Management
About the role
The Senior Planning Officer contributes to the work of the Development Management Team by taking ownership of a caseload including planning applications, planning enforcement matters and appeals as the service requires.
Supporting and deputising for the Team Leaders in providing an efficient and effective development management service to all customers in a timely manner.
You will be working in an area that is predominantly Green Belt and AONB, which introduces interesting challenges for decision makers. The urban areas include historic market towns and associated heritage issues, which pose a different set of thought provoking issues for decision makers.
This is a politically restricted role.
About the team
The Development Management Service aims to deliver high quality decisions in a timely fashion to ensure that the high quality environment of Mole Valley is protected and enhanced.
Collaboration and sharing knowledge is key to our success and we encourage new team members to help us maintain our high performance while promoting new ideas, constantly looking for ways to improve our working practices.
We pride ourselves on a wider-service mentality, you will be working with colleagues from development management, planning policy, planning support and more.
- You are a Graduate in planning and eligible and prepared to work towards membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- You are a talented and ambitious planner, keen to progress your career, with the drive to make a difference and shape the future of Mole Valley
- You are a positive and motivated professional who will bring your expertise and enthusiasm to the team
- You are a team player, who can contribute innovative ideas and be committed to achieving high quality results
- You hold a current driving licence
We will support and encourage you through our annual Performance and Development Review to identify training and career development opportunities. Helping you to reach your career goals and full potential.
- Relocation allowance the greater of £7,500 or 25% of starting salary
- Flexibility providing a laptop, offering remote and flexible working options, helping you to achieve a great work life balance
- Generous annual leave allowance of up to 28 days and a substantial 15% employer’s pension contribution
- Wellbeing package including a free eye test, employee assistance programme and a yearly flu jab
- Great Discounts at local shops & businesses, films, shows and the café at Dorking Halls
- Prime Location easy links from the A24, A25 and M25 with Free Parking and within walking distance of Dorking Main and Deepdene train stations
Interview dates: To be arranged with the individual applicant. Apply now.