Graduate Town Planner | London | Clientside Opportunity
My client is a highly regarded developer that has built close to 20,000 in the past 5 years! They build beautiful, successful places, blending homes, parks and public realm with great facilities to create fantastic communities where people love to live.
The southern office is currently on the lookout for an Assistant Town Planner to join the existing successful land and planning team.
The company boats career opportunities that are second to none and a range of projects that will challenge and stretch you. The business has created an environment where people have the confidence and freedom to operate to the best of their ability. The company's core values include a passion for great places, having integrity, showing respect for people, thinking creatively and achieving excellence through detail.
- Detail conscious, accurate.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Team player whilst also able to work independently
- Excellent written and communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL ABILITIES
- Completed an RTPI accredited course (essential) and workings towards becoming MRTPI qualified
- Minimum 1-years post qualification experience
- Knowledge of the British Town Planning system (essential)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Local experience (advantageous)
- Full, clean driving licence and access to a car
- InDesign and Photoshop skills desirable
- Assisting with the preparation of planning application submissions, including liaising with consultants, and drafting design and access statements, planning statements, statements of community involvement
- Prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings, and concepts.
- Co-ordination and compliance with planning conditions including liaison with consultants and technical/commercial departments
- Liaise and negotiate with planning officers, and third parties.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Take responsibility for projects from the earliest stages through to completion
- Maintain an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies.
- Keep up to date with emerging planning policy and practice, and brief other colleagues where necessary.
- Assisting with the coordination and management of public consultation events - including liaison with consultants, drafting exhibition material, preparation of boards with a designer, arranging logistics, with the review of consultation feedback
- Competitive starting salary (£25,000 - £27,000p/a dependant on experience)
- Benefits package including discretional bonus, pension, generous holiday allowance
- Second to none project range
- Personal development and training
- Join a 'Top 10' Housebuilder, hugely respected in London & the South East
This an excellent time to join and develop your career with a leader housebuilder with aspirations to continue growing its name in the London/South East market. The Director leading this recruitment is keen to meet with suitable Planners immediately so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'
For more information on this role or other vacancies in the region please contact me on 01792 365 100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Our client is based conveniently next to the M25 on the South West side of London and so is accessible by rail or car.