This is a key role in the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents, securing ‘Growth’ with new homes and regenerating the town centres, reducing inequality and offering value for money.
You will have plenty of opportunities to demonstrate your leadership and planning skills and experience to deliver a high standard of work and help to deliver the corporate priorities of the Council. This role will have additional responsibility for undertaking special projects within the Planning service to help improve systems and performance.
In this role you will:
- Effectively manage and supervise a team of development management and planning enforcement officers in the delivery of high quality, efficient and customer focused Development Management services.
- Be responsible for the determination and delivery of major planning applications and strategic sites within the District.
- Be responsible for the delivery of key projects which further or secure the ongoing enhancement and delivery of the Development Management services.
- Support the Head of Development Management in the leadership and running of the Development Management section.
You will be a key member of the Planning management team, leading by example and implementing a positive culture in accordance with the Council’s Values and Behaviours as set below.
As well as working towards delivering the highest possible standard of work you will:
- Support, manage and develop your team members to deliver a high quality service and embrace the culture and values of the council;
- Lead by example and encourage your team to lead or contribute to corporate projects to deliver priority outcomes.
- Identify and introduce best practice ways of working to drive performance up to agreed standards in a cost effective way.
- Provide or make available professional/technical support to the Head of Development Management, Members as appropriate and the wider Council.
- Work collaboratively across the council with other managers and senior managers in order to deliver business objectives;