Interim Planning Policy Manager
Park Avenue are currently working on behalf of a local authority in Hertfordshire, to recruit an Interim Planning Policy Manager.
It is anticipated that the initial term of this contract will be 3-6 months, though the total term will be determined by the success of the LPA's permanent recruitment drive.
This position will involve, but is not limited to:
- Leading the Planning Policy Team, supervise, develop and appraise staff, to help them understand and undertake their roles.
- Leading the Planning Policy Team and managing the production, maintenance and monitoring of the Council's Local Development Scheme and Local Plan documents for the borough in accordance with statutory procedures and best practice, ensuring coordination with the corporate policy direction, the work of other services and the Council's other plans and programmes.
- Providing written and verbal evidence to Local Plan examinations and public inquiries.
- Ensuring that the duty to cooperate is fulfilled, including engagement with other local authorities on their development plans, and to promote the interests of the Council in cross boundary strategic planning work.
- Advising stakeholders and the general public in relation to planning policy matters and to deliver effective community engagement in the production of planning policy documents.
- In order to be considered for this role, you must have significant planning policy experience, including team management, and experience of participation at local plan examinations or inquiries
The hourly/daily rate for this position is subject to negotiation dependent upon your relevant experience. If you would like advice on the sort of rate of pay you would realistically be looking at, please get in touch and we would be happy to advise.