Assistant Planner | Bedford | Consultancy
Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be working with a highly respected firm of land and property professionals in Bedford on the appointment of an Assistant Planner.
Operating within centrally located offices and in an identified growth area you will assist in advising clients on the optimum method of promoting land for development, preparation, and submission of a wide variety of planning applications and to demonstrate the ability to provide creative solutions to a range of planning and development issues.
Project types include residential, commercial, mixed-use, rural and change of use and range from single plots to large urban extensions. You will have the opportunity to take more responsibility on schemes which can often be a frustrating part of working within a larger team.
- Identification and promotion of strategic sites with potential
- Liaising with clients and potential clients as to how best to take sites forward
- Negotiating Heads of Terms with developers/promoters regarding planning promotion agreements, options or other joint venture arrangements
- Preparation of design and access statements and planning statements
- Keeping abreast of a variety of local plans and liaising with particular planning authorities
- Engagement with Parish Councils regarding emerging neighbourhood plans
- Liaising with colleagues in other departments to provide an "under one roof" property service.
- Liaising with clients and specialist consultants in respect of specialist reports eg flood risk, ecology, highways, contamination, etc
- 1 to 2 years' planning experience (Consultancy or Local Authority experience)
- RTPI/RICS accredited degree
- Ability/ Confidence to work both on own initiative and part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Clean Driving Licence
Our client is able to offer a positive and supportive environment, ongoing training and career guidance from a senior leadership team, a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to meet with suitable Planners immediately so to please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 365 100 or email@example.com