Town Planner | Manchester | Great Career Progression
Title: Town Planner
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be again supporting one of the UK's leading consultancies with the appointment of a skilled Town Planner.
Our client is looking to appoint an ambitious Town Planner to assist with all aspects of planning work. In particular, the position requires the candidate to be involved in the preparation and handling of planning applications and appeals on a day to day basis. On occasion, there would be potential for the candidate to become involved in strategic planning or enforcement related cases.
- To assist with all aspects of planning work;
- To draft supporting statements for planning applications and appeals;
- To handle the planning application and appeal processes under supervision;
- To liaise with external consultants to prepare supporting documents for planning applications;
- To negotiate planning applications through the development management process, including with Local Planning Authority Officers and Members, local residents and other professionals;
- To represent clients at Planning Committee;
- To prepare documents in response to Local Planning Authority, central government and other consultations.
- To advise other staff (estate agents and surveyors) on planning and development matters;
- To advise other professionals (including solicitors, architects and surveyors) on all aspects of the planning process;
The Planning Consultant will report in the first instance to the Head of Planning and thereafter to the Partner in charge of Professional Services.
The post offers an excellent opportunity for gaining valuable experience and career progression within an award-winning long established and diverse company.
- RTPI Accredited Degree
- Good knowledge of national and local planning system
- MRTPI Membership (or close to APC Submission)
If you feel this role may be of interest, we would love to hear from you! Call Myles Hooban now on 01792 365 103 or email Myles.Hooban@penguinrecruitment.co.uk. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.