Associate Planner | Cambridge | Property Consultancy
My client has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Planner to join their established but ever-growing Cambridge team. As well as rewarding you through remuneration, we will give you the chance to really stand out and make your mark.
The company's planning team is among the largest in the UK. Their work in multidisciplinary teams gives us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of commercial, residential and rural development. As a result, they take very much a commercial view of all aspects of the planning process.
The Cambridge team includes the services of EIA, socio-economic planning, heritage, and urban design offering the opportunities to work on a variety of projects and with experts in their field.
At Associate level, you will play a key role in helping to deliver the business strategy for the division as well as leading and managing a variety of projects. The office is currently involved in a range of high-profile project work across the region, including new settlements, major urban extensions and major commercial schemes. These projects and many more are across a range of landowner, developer and institutional clients; including direct involvement with a large number of Cambridge College portfolios.
The role will involve:
- Providing planning advice to clients
- Proactively managing engagement with the local planning authority and other stakeholders
- Being a part of larger project teams and leading your own projects and driving the strategy with clients
- Overseeing high quality planning submissions and Development Plan Representations
- Representing the clients' commercial interests throughout the planning process
- Contributing to the team's business development strategies and leading initiatives
- Assisting the Partners to deliver the Divisional and firm-wide strategy and being involved in the finance and business operations
The successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate commercial acumen, business development capability, and leadership potential. You will need to be a strong team player who will be able to demonstrate project leadership and developing others through delegation and on-going support. This role would suit someone who enjoys being part of a large team and taking a lead on client, project and business matters.
Our client offers a competitive salary package, and the chance to benefit from the success of the business through the profit share schemes. The company provides an extensive benefits package that features pension, private healthcare, life insurance and car allowance/company car, and performance pay.
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to meet with suitable Planners immediately so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 365 100 or email@example.com